Sunday, October 12, 2008

Movie Night

Last night decided to do something a bit different, I have been wanting to watch The Golden Compass since I knew it had been turned into a movie. A great set of books written by Philip Pullman. I saw that it was on special so ducked into the shops just before closing time - quite a good time to go I might ad, and located and purchased the dvd.

I sat down with Levi and together we watched the movie, I wasn't sure how he would go in front of the tv for well over an hour, however the movie captured his imagination and kept him interested, there were a couple of spots where he hoped up however was quickly drawn back to the movies, its characters and the plot. When Nicole Kidman who plays the character Mrs. Coulter appear on the screen Levi said "oh, mummy look at her" - with a twinkle in his eyes and a little smile on his face, his first little crush, so sweet.

I highly recommend the movie to anyone out there wanting something to watch, I was pleasantly surprised. The little fella even remembering and talking about it today - it is sure to be a favourite hopefully along with the books when he is a little older. It is PG rated.

Just thought I would put in a photo, loves his rocking horse see Granny's post mmvii.blogspot.com/2008/10/iron-horse, over the past couple of days he has become a bit of a dare devil, doing all sorts of tricks - standing up, backwards, one sided and so on.

No comments: